Tropical One Stroke Floral

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hi!

I'm so pleased I've been able to keep up with nail art/blogging lately, even though I've been reviewing like crazy for exams! Scheduling is key :) 

Today I have my first attempt at one stroke! This technique has been on my 'to try' list for a long time -- I kept putting it off because it looked so hard, but it was far easier than I expected!

Polishes used:
Sephora by OPI It's Totally Karma | Deborah Lippmann Fake It Til You Make It and Harlem Shake | Nails Inc Queen Victoria Street | Acrylic paints

OK, the flowers are far from perfect, but considering I did them with my non-dominant hand I'm pretty pleased! (For some reason, my brain was like "HEY LUCY, LET'S DO THESE WITH OUR NON-DOMINANT HAND TO MAKE IT HARDER FOR OURSELVES!!!!!" so I did)

I was originally going to do all 4 fingers with flowers but then I got lazy hehehehehheh
 I followed a tutorial on YouTube to do these. I can't find it now (weird), but there are a lot of good tutorials out there! 


I also wanted to show y'all my thumb (Deborah Lippmann Harlem Shake) because I love how vibrant it is!


Also, I've been thinking about starting some sort of blogger collab group this summer. Franziska of Frankie Hunter's Nails proposed this to me awhile ago, but I haven't had time do anything about it until now. I was thinking we could all do matching/themed nails once a month, or a challenge one month of the year? I'm definitely open to suggestions.
Let me know if you're interested -- leave a comment below, or email me at thenailsnail@gmail.com!

Thanks for reading!
Lucy xx

27 comments:

  1. These nails look lovely, I like all the different colors! And the collab group sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I end up organizing something I'll send you an email!

      Delete
  2. I love the colours you used, especially that Deborah Lippmann shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorites, but it's always hard to find uses for it in nail art :)

      Delete
  3. Oh these are cute! I haven't tried one stroke nail art yet because I also think it looks hard, but since you say it was easier than expected I might try it soon :) I'm also interested in the blogger colab group! Franziska emailed me about it too and I though it was a fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I can do it, you definitely can :D

      Delete
  4. This looks great, Lucy! Considering you say it was your first time doing the one stroke technique I couldn't have guessed! It looks lovely :) Good luck also for your exams, it sounds like you are well organized so I'm sure you will ace them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! I'd love to know more about the collab group :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll send you an email if I end up organizing something!

      Delete
  6. AnonymousMay 26, 2014

    Sooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is BEAUTIFUL, flowers included! They look fantastic against the bright green!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo pretty!! I'm scared to try one stroke flowers, I've watched a bunch of tutorials but they just intimidate me. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely try them, I thought the same thing until I started doing them :)

      Delete
  9. This manicure looks perfect!

    ~Xx~ Julia
    Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. SInceramente, me parece un Nail Art de lo más original, me ha gustado muchisimo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so elegant and pretty, the mix of nails go so well together and look great! Gorgeous as usual :). And I'm looking forward to seeing your World Cup nails too xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And thanks for reminding me. I'm definitely going to do those soon -- go Spain!

      Delete
  12. this looks so perfect. i love how soft the design turned out! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really really really love this! The colors are perfect, the design is awesome. I'm not even in school and I have a hard time sticking to a schedule! I blame it on the kids. :P I'm really interested in a collab group. I have an idea for something to do. Let me know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's always tough :\ I've been really disorganized but I'll put you on my collab group email list!

      Delete
  14. Oh that's gorgeous! Love the colours you have chosen <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S I'd defo be interested of the blogger collab too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you're thinking!