Tropical Nails

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hi!

Like my last post, today's nail art is also summery -- this time with a tropical feel!

tropical nail art
Polishes Used
Deborah Lippmann Tip Toe Through the Tulips | Deborah Lippmann Laughin' to the Bank | Deborah Lippmann Spring Buds | Wet n Wild French White Creme | red acrylic paint

A few weeks ago, I visited the Barnes Foundation art collection in Philadelphia. They had a couple of Rousseau's famous jungle paintings, and when I saw them I knew I wanted to translate the feel onto my nails.
I couldn't figure out how to translate them in a way that would also be beautiful until I saw a design Pshiiit Polish did awhile ago (her photography and nails are amazing, by the way -- if you haven't already, check out her blog or Instagram). 
I simplified her original design to make it more Rousseau-like, and also because I'm not as skilled with a nail art brush as she is :")

tropical nail art

tropical nail art
Weird crop oops

Deborah Lippmann Laughin' to the Bank swatch
If you say Deborah Lippmann Laughin' to the Bank is not gorgeous, I don't know who you are

Who are the nail artists/artists you look to for inspiration?

Thanks for reading!
Lucy xx

14 comments:

  1. so pretty, and I love that green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you used and the nail art came out gorgeous. I do the same, if I see something that I like and I can imagine it on my nails, I try to pain them. Anything can be an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I completely agree -- very well said!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful nails, I love the combination of summery brights with the beautiful leafy green! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 17, 2014

    This is such a stunning, feminine design! I love it :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the print! Laughing to the bank is a gorgeous polish and I'm not usually a fan of dark green! I like going to gnarly gnails for inspiration but honestly I'm inspired by a lot of other nail artists too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Same here -- I tend to not like green polishes in general. I haven't been keeping up with Gnarly Gnails recently but she does do great stuff!

      Delete
  6. Wow this manicure looks just perfect!
    thanks for sharing this article with us <3

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! You made dark green into a summery mani--very clever!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you're thinking!