Ikat Nails, Take 2

Monday, August 4, 2014

Hi!

First, it was my first blogiversary on August 1st! The first year was a blast, the nail art community is so friendly and supportive. I never thought I would make it this far! A huge thank you to all of you guys -- I would have quit by now if it weren't for all the sweet comments!
I thought about recreating some old designs I did, but the first few designs I did weren't too inspiring, so I'm letting my blogiversary pass quietly. If you guys want to go laugh at my first post (it was pretty...well, I've improved a lot) you can find it here

I do have something a little special though! Since I haven't been posting very regularly lately (the last couple of months I've only posted 4-5 times?!?), this month I decided to try my first nail art challenge to motivate myself to get back on schedule! I chose to do the "Totally Doable I Have a Life! Challenge" run by Californails. It has a couple prompts for every week, which fits my schedule perfectly!

The first prompt is "classy", but as I hadn't posted my gold summer nails on Instagram yet I decided to cheat a little and use those for the classy prompt. Now it's time for ikat!

ikat nail art
Polishes Used
Deborah Lippmann Walking on Sunshine, She Drives Me Crazy, Video Killed the Radio Star, Whip It | Wet n Wild French White Creme | black acrylic paint

I went a little wild with the colors I chose. I did stick to shades in the same collection, though (Deborah Lippmann's 80's Rewind collection). I feel like you can't go wrong with polishes from the same collection -- they were curated so that they all match each other, right?

ikat nail art

This ain't my first time at the rodeo -- I've tried ikat nails one other time, 7 months ago! I really liked the colors I used the first time, but I think the ikat pattern came out better this time. And my photo quality has decidedly improved :-)

Deborah Lippmann 80s Rewind collection


Thanks again for an amazing first year of blogging! It isn't always easy to balance school, extracurriculars, and nail art blogging, but it is so worth it.

Thanks for reading!
Lucy xx

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the blogiversary! That's really awesome :D And yay for ikat! It came out great, and I love all the colours you picked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Your comments are always so sweet :)

      Delete
  2. These r so cute and bright! I love ikat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 1st blogaversary!!! I definitely agree about how it's worth it (as difficult as the balance can be). Really nice ikat, the colours are so lovely together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love the color combos and the design. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! These nails are lovely!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a big fan of this design ;)
    The colors look amazing on your nails and I think this manicure would be perfect for a hot day at the beach!

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I actually haven't been to the beach yet this summer even though I live pretty close to the coast... grr :\

      Delete
  7. happy 1 year!! I also did galaxy nails as my first post, how funny! your first post is MUCH better than mine haha http://clawsup.blogspot.com/2011/11/cosmic-charlie.html

    I love your ikat look too, i need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, let's just say we've both improved a lot :) I would love to see you try it on your nails!

      Delete
  8. These are perfect Ikat nails, the colours and everything! It was great looking back at your first post, I always love seeing people's progress :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Same -- when I have free time I go back and look at really good nail art bloggers' first posts so I feel better about myself hahaha

      Delete
  9. Oh and congrats for the 1 year anniversary!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you're thinking!